Focus on chapter 5-10 Mini Analysis 2: Analysis of Community, Political and Social Change (150pts.)
For the second paper, students are required to write about leadership effectiveness and change within broader social and political arenas. Reading materials from Chapters 5-8 of the text-Hickman, G.R. (2010). Leading Change in Multiple Contexts. Los Angeles, CA: Sage Publications. ISBN: 978-1-4129-2678-2 must be central to this paper (although not all content applies directly). However, be sure to engage issues of community, political, and social change in your analysis of change in organizations. Knowledge of non-profits and other types of organizations that function outside the government and profit sections always make for interesting case studies.
Questions to help generate ideas include:
· How do we know when change is working well?
· What kinds of barriers exist across organizations?
· What sorts of measurements might indicate that how well change initiatives are working.
My concern here is not with finding some right answer(s) but exploring leadership and change effectiveness broadly construed. Students may use personal experiences, reading materials, and class discussion ideas. Students have a great deal of latitude in the focus and scope of the paper–“play” a bit in the writing and idea development.
· Please choose 3-4 concepts to focus on for your mini-analysis. These concepts can come from anywhere within Parts III and Part IV of the text.
· Introduce and explain the concepts, at minimum bring in at least 1 other scholarly/academic reference or citation per concept that you have introduced.
· Link the concepts to current or past events for further analysis (As one example of how a student might use material from the readings, consider the discussion of community leadership. A student might take concepts of change and empowerment (visible, hidden, invisible, and power over, to, with, and within) as a conceptual structure for analyzing leadership effectiveness within an organization.
· Make sure to include a reference page and reference the text. Again, you will want to bring in external citations and references to strengthen your paper.
· Paper will generally be between 4-5 pages. Maximum 5 pages (Title page and reference page are not included in this count).
· You must reference your text book and bring in at least 3 additional citation/references for this paper.
Make sure that the paper has a well-developed structure and engages reading materials from this class. One of the biggest challenges for students is creating their own analytic structure with a clear purpose or goal. The structure or organization of the paper should include:
a) establishes interest,
b) establishes the topic of focus,
c) provides a clear thesis statement (goal or purpose followed by a brief justification of its importance), and
d) a preview of central points or organization of the body of the paper.
***Please do NOT use materials from John Kotter’s leadership books. I want students to write papers that integrate key ideas from our text. Google Scholar is an excellent resource for scholarly work.
Questions from Chapters 7-8
Chapters 7&8 Discussion
Please answer each of the following questions from your readings in your original post by Thursday of each week. Make sure that you provide a reference for the text in the discussion board. Reply to at minimum 2 of your classmates posts for full credit. Responses to your classmates are due by Sunday of each week.
· Identify and discuss concepts of political change. Use these concepts to analyze how political change concepts have or can influence your workplace or organization.
· Some leadership scholars argue that transformational leadership may be the dominant and most used theory of leadership today. What specific elements of transformational leadership would support this argument?
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more