Assignment 1: Creating an eCommerce Business Due Week 4 and worth 135 points “Too often, entrepreneurs brimming with optimism and enthusiasm launch businesses destined for failure because their founders never stop to define a workable strategy that sets them apart from their competition.” (Scarborough & Cornwall, 2015, p. 106). With this assignment, you have the opportunity to take your creative ideas to the next step and begin to develop a strategy that will form the foundation for a successful business.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
Develop an idea for a prospective small business, and select a name for the company.
Identify its key competitors and summarize the strengths and weaknesses of one of the competitors.
Prepare a mission statement that encompasses the purpose of the business and considers its target market.
Identify the ownership form for this business, taking into consideration tax implications, liability exposure, managerial ability, and cost of formation.
Include at least two (2) references outside the textbook.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format may be different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details (more information and an example is included in the Strayer Writing Standards left menu link).
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Analyze the nature of entrepreneurship, business ethics, and social responsibility in managing a successful small business.
· Describe and analyze the role of creativity and innovation as a competitive advantage of a small business.
· Describe the strategic planning process and develop a strategic plan for a small business.
· Describe and analyze the necessary activities and key decisions to start a small business.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in small business management.
· Write clearly and concisely about small business management using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Points: 135 Assignment 1: Creating an eCommerce Business
Criteria Unacceptable Below 60% F Meets Minimum Expectations 60-69% D Fair 70-79% C Proficient 80-89% B Exemplary 90-100% A
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more