How could an agency do better, or what could be added to help a military client or his or her family? Throughout this course, you have examined many aspects of social work practice within a military setting. In addition, you have had the opportunity to explore multiple social service issues and agencies intended to address those issues.
In this final Assigment describe a social work issue affecting military clients and identify organizational resources necessary to form a successful response.
Cesur, R., Sabia, J. J., & Tekin, E. (2013). The psychological costs of war: Military combat and mental health. Journal of Health Economics, 32(1), 51–65. doi:10.1016/j.jhealeco.2012.09.001
Hoge, C. W., Grossman, S. H., Auchterlonie, J. L., Riviere, L. A., Milliken, C. S., & Wilk, J. E. (2014). PTSD treatment for soldiers after combat deployment: Low utilization of mental health care and reasons for dropout. Psychiatric Services, 65(8), 997-1004. Doi:10.1176/appi.ps.201300307.
Rubin, A., Weiss, E. L., & Coll, J. E. (Eds.). (2013). Handbook of military social work. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
Chapter 6 Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD in Veterans
Chapter 8 Treating Combat-Related PTSD With Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy
U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. (2020). Provider Education and Training Resources. Retrieved from https://www.va.gov/COMMUNITYCARE/providers/EDU_Training.asp
The mental health or social service issue Is Veterans With PTSD
Imagine you have been engaged to increase the success of a local community organization’s response to the needs of military clients and families related to your selected mental health or social service issue.
Write an 8- to 10-page paper in which you do the following:
· Define the problem. Provide prevalence, incidence, and relevance to the military population as background information.
· Describe evidence-based treatments (EBTs) identified for the problem or psychosocial or rehabilitation treatments. Provide information about the relevance of these approaches with a military population.
· Identify agency resources that would be needed to address the problem and treat the military members and their families.
· Identify training and education that would be needed for treatment providers. Provide a rationale for additional training and education.
· Identify Department of Defense, Veteran’s Administration, and community resources to assist treatment providers with referrals for additional services.
APA format, with intext citation and references, plagiarism checker. Use from Required Reading and any outside sources must be creditable
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more