Discussion #5: How progressive was the Progressive Era?
The Progressive era stands out as a time when reformers sought to address social ills brought about by a rapidly changing society. Debates surrounded issues such as political corruption, the regulation of business practices, racial equality, women’s suffrage and the living conditions of impoverished immigrants overcrowded into urban slums.
In order to prepare for this discussion forum:
· Review and identify the relevant sections of Chapter 22 that support your discussion.
· Read Booker T. Washington’s speech The Atlanta Compromise
· Read W.E.B. Du Bois The Niagara Movement
· The Niagara Movement’s ” Declaration of Principles ” by W.E.B.Du Bois
· The Women’s Suffrage Movement
· Excerpt from How the Other Half Lives by Jacob Riis and the photography of Jacob Riis .
After you have completed your readings post a response to only ONE of the following questions.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more