As part of your third discussion in Unit 1, you identified a successful business leader from a publicly traded company. You will profile this selected leader in three related assignments in Units 3, 6, and 9. Each assignment applies different aspects of theory to leading people, processes, and technology. This is the first of three related assignments.
· Unit 3 – Part 1: Individuals As Leaders (Units 1, 2, and 3).
· Unit 6 – Part 2: Team Leadership (Units 4, 5, and 6).
· Unit 9 – Part 3: Organizational Leadership (Units 7, 8, and 9).
. Part 3 will include an executive summary section that pulls together the conclusions and main points of your research from Parts 1, 2, and 3.
This assignment focuses on the assigned readings and discussions of Units 1, 2, and 3. The first half of the assignment addresses the primary areas of:
· Leader traits and ethics = Big 5 + traits + LMP.
· Analysis of leadership theories: Leadership grid, expectancy, motivation theory, and process.
· Digital competencies in leadership.
· Contingency leadership theories, models, and model variables.
· Power, politics, and networking: Sources and tactics, political skill models, negotiation process, and aligning to global cultural context.
In this first portion of the assignment, describe the primary elements of leadership theory covered in the first three units and include supporting evidence.
Application of Leadership Theory
The second half of this assignment is the application of leadership theory to your selected business leader. Which elements of theory apply or do not apply? How well can you support your conclusions based on your research? As a minimum, include the following:
· Introduce the leader. Sample elements include education, family, professional or career path, and present career position. You will need to reference all sources used to describe the elected leader.
· Apply the MLQ profile to the leader.
. Where do you estimate the selected leader would fall?
. Which TrueColor personality traits have you seen evidenced in your research of the leader?
· Analyze the leader’s traits, style, and behaviors.
. Which elements of the theories from Units 1, 2, and 3 are evidenced in his or her leadership style and their level of effectiveness? Provide specific examples and support.
The headings in your paper should at a minimum address:
· Leadership Theory. (Use level 2 headings to guide the reader.)
· Individual As a Leader: Application of Leadership Theory. (Use level 2 headings to guide the reader.)
To complete this assignment successfully, you must meet the following objectives:
· Introduce a successful business leader from a publicly traded company.
· Describe relevant leadership theories and supporting evidence.
· Evaluate demonstrated leadership competencies and effectiveness of a selected leader, including his or her ability to apply data analysis.
· Apply MLQ and TrueColor leadership assessments to selected business leader.
· Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of professional contexts.
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
· Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA format: Follow current APA guidelines for style and format, including a cover page and headings.
· References: A minimum of six sources on your selected leader and his or her organization.
· Length: A minimum of 2100 words.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Reference the book:
Leadership 6th edition
Robert N. Lussier, Christopher F. Achua
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more