In this assignment you will be required to write a Focused SOAP note, please do not submit a Complete SOAP note, you must learn to differentiate the two. If you do not have enough information to make a scholarly Focused note, you may make up information. For example, if the Family History is missing make up a history.
The Lab Assignment
Using evidence-based resources from your search, answer the following questions and support your answers using current evidence from the literature.
· Analyze the subjective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation.
· Analyze the objective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation.
· Is the assessment supported by the subjective and objective information? Why or why not?
· Would diagnostics be appropriate for this case, and how would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
· Would you reject/accept the current diagnosis? Why or why not?
Identify three possible conditions that may be considered as a differential diagnosis for this patient.
· Explain your reasoning using at least three different references from current evidence-based literature.
Week 10: Special Examinations—Breast, Genital,
Prostate, and Rectal
• CC: “I have bumps on my bottom that I want to have checked out.”
• HPI: AB, a 21-year-old WF college student reports to your clinic with external
bumps on her genital area. She states the bumps are painless and feel rough.
She states she is sexually active and has had more than one partner during the
past year. Her initial sexual contact occurred at age 18. She reports no abnormal
vaginal discharge. She is unsure how long the bumps have been there but
noticed them about a week ago. Her last Pap smear exam was 3 years ago, and
no dysplasia was found; the exam results were normal. She reports one sexually
transmitted infection (chlamydia) about 2 years ago. She completed the
treatment for chlamydia as prescribed.
• PMH: Asthma
• Medications: Symbicort 160/4.5mcg
• Allergies: NKDA
• FH: No hx of breast or cervical cancer, Father hx HTN, Mother hx HTN, GERD
• Social: Denies tobacco use; occasional etoh, married, 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys)
• VS: Temp 98.6; BP 120/86; RR 16; P 92; HT 5’10”; WT 169lbs
• Heart: RRR, no murmurs
• Lungs: CTA, chest wall symmetrical
• Genital: Normal female hair pattern distribution; no masses or swelling. Urethral
meatus intact without erythema or discharge. Perineum intact. Vaginal mucosa
pink and moist with rugae present, pos for firm, round, small, painless ulcer noted
on external labia
• Abd: soft, normoactive bowel sounds, neg rebound, neg murphy’s, negMcBurney
• Diagnostics: HSV specimen obtained
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more